Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sesamo Bar, Barcelona

We have a long history with Sesamo Bar. For years we have been going there and watching it go through many changes. Our first times there it was vegetarian but always had something for vegans. (the best phase, with the best food!) Then it changed to serving meat as well. (I don't think we went during that period.) But we heard that they have gone back to being vegetarian again so we went to check it out.


Deanna got a mushroom tart thing. We both agreed that the pastry dough was too hard, the tofu too tough, and the tomatoes not ripe. Overall she gave it a "Meh."


But this salad on the other hand was a blockbuster. A vegan bonanza meal in itself. So many vegetables and greens!

Deanna and I both agreed this salad alone was worth coming back for, regardless of the entrees.


I had a mushroom curry type dish. This dish was also quite "Meh" but I ate it.

If we were in Barcelona for a time again we would probably give it another chance. But if the food was the same the second time I bet we would not go again. Luckily, they change the dishes often, and I bet that we just went at a bad time for vegan choices.

2 comments:

  1. I've been to Barcelona about 12 times over the past decade and lived there for a summer in the element apartment to film stuff for their video and I feel like I have been eating the same places for years or making food. It was gotten better there over the past few years but still had no idea about half of these places. Thanks. Will make my trip there this summer even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back from Biocenter restaurant off ramblas, and it is amazing!! I went a little over 2 years ago and had the seitan chimichurri and it was the best meal I ever had, and when I returned tonight I was so happy to see it was still on the specials menu!

    ReplyDelete